Parent Meeting Notes
- Fair Share– $200 per runner. These funds go to paying for Bus transportation ($700 school bus, $1200 charter bus) meet entry fees ($150 >) and equipment. Please pay WHEN YOU ARE ABLE. Make checks payable to BHS Track Boosters.
- Transportation– All varsity away meets use bus transportation. Transportation for all in town meets is the responsibility of the parents. Buses will not be offered. Parents wishing to drive their child to out of town meets are welcomed to do so.
- Meet Schedule– (attached) All runners will have one meet a week, either junior varsity or varsity when at all possible.
- Uniforms – The store will be open ONLY UNTIL SUNDAY. The only thing any runner needs to purchase is the singlet top. It is your choice what short you want, but it must be all black. Any other clothing (warm- ups, backpack) is your choice.
The link to the store is: https://bakerssport-buchholztrack2020.itemorder.com/
- Practice is Monday -Friday unless announced otherwise. Sprinters and jumpers: 3:45- 5:30 Distance runners: 3:15 – 5:00.
- Coaches need your help:
Shoes – Please make sure your child has good and appropriate shoes so that we can keep injuries down. Dick’s, Nike outlet, Gainesville Running all have good running shoes. Eastbay.com and Amazon also have good shoes.
Diet – please make sure your child is getting the proper nutrition everyday.
Injuries– please communicate with us about any injuries. BHS has an excellent trainer that is at school from 1:30 – 5:00. (Gina 262-343-1262)
Travis Sheppard (sprints, relays, jumps)
Willie Rope (sprints, relays, jumps)
Sam Doherty (sprints, jumps, hurdles, discus, shot)
Kevin Peoples (assistant to all above)
Michael Maren (girl’s distance)
Michael Lehning (Head coach, boy’s distance)
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me, first by email and then phone. We are all excited about the new track season and thank you for all f your support.
Coach Michael Lehning,